CIREX can convert a 3D design into a steel prototype at short notice. By using prototyping, adjustments to the design are easily implemented and multiple concept designs can be tested. These ‘Form-Fit-Function’ tests are functional tests used to determine requirements such as tensile strength, hardness, and shape retention. The use of prototypes prevents the need for high-investment costs in molds or mold adjustments. These lower start-up costs and a short delivery time are just two of the advantages of prototyping.
Prototyping has many advantages, such as the following:
- A steel prototype in 3 to 4 weeks
- Suitable for small quantity production with the aim of serial production
- Several concepts can be tested
- Product can be cast in all steel alloys
- Relatively low start-up costs
- No investment in wax mould or wax mould modifications
CIREX uses different prototyping techniques and different printing materials. By combining various techniques and materials, we can provide you with a wide range of diverse prototypes. The prototyping process that CIREX uses is tailored to individual client requirements, with the ultimate aim of making the design suitable for subsequent batch production by means of a ‘Form-Fit-Function’ guarantee.